New Sponsor Information
Thank you for your interest in the Zoo and Aquarium Buyers Group (ZAG)! ZAG is a non-profit, volunteer run organization for merchandise buyers from zoos, aquariums, nature centers, butterfly houses and other wildlife facilities. ZAG’s mission is to increase communication and networking opportunities between buyers in the zoo and aquarium industry, and to help them share information and find unique and profitable wildlife-related merchandise. Through our web site, newsletter, contact list, and meetings, ZAG acts as a forum for buyers to ask questions and share thoughts on trends, good ideas and special projects. ZAG does not make purchases or negotiate deals for its members.
ZAG can help your company tap into this unique market by getting your products before the decision-makers in the zoo and aquarium retail industry. We would like to extend an invitation to your company to become a 2014 ZAG sponsor. A ZAG sponsorship is for one calendar year, from January 1 to December 31. (Sorry, we do not discount the sponsorship fee for vendors that join late in the year, and we stop accepting new sponsors on August 31 of each year.) As a sponsor, you will receive:
- The ZAG members’ contact list, with information on over 340 ZAG members from more than 290 zoos, aquariums and wildlife parks, including names, job titles, mailing and e-mail addresses, fax and phone numbers. Updated lists are sent at least four times a year. This is an excellent resource to establish direct contact with the buyers.
- Our quarterly newsletter. A sample is available upon request.
- Extensive exposure on ZAG’s web site.
- ZAG will create a link from ZAG’s web site to yours.
- Your company will receive one hyperlink, with a corresponding picture that you provide, to be used as a tool for potential buyers to find your web site.
- You may also choose to point the hyperlink at any address on your web site that you wish to. This may be useful if your company has several lines that would be of interest to zoo and aquarium merchandise buyers.
- ZAG sponsors exhibiting at the November Smoky Mountain Gift Show in Gatlinburg, Tennessee or the International Gift Exposition in the Smokies, Sevierville, TN receive increased exposure of their products to the buyers:
*The newsletter prior to the show features a special insert listing all the ZAG sponsors at the shows, with their booth numbers, product lines, show specials, etc. This insert is also provided as a handy pocket map to the sponsors’ booths that fits in the buyers’ lanyard badge holder.
*ZAG sponsors are invited to a reception held as a “thank-you” for their sponsorship, to which buyers are also invited. It’s a great way to personally meet customers you may deal with only via fax, phone or mail.
*ZAG sponsors have the opportunity to feature some of their best or newest merchandise on special display tables at the buyers’ annual dinner.
Even if you don’t exhibit at the Gatlinburg and Sevierville gift shows, the membership listing you will receive as a sponsor is an extremely useful tool in targeting your products to this unique retail segment.
ZAG is a growing organization. With membership increasing by 300% since 2002, we have created the quarterly newsletter and web site and hold several yearly regional meetings, often in conjunction with a regional gift show.
To become a ZAG sponsor, simply select the sponsor option here and fill out the application sheet. Then mail your application and check, made payable to “ZAG, Inc.”, to:
ATTN: Theresa Danneffel
1300 W. Fulton St.
Grand Rapids, MI. 49504
Thank you again for your interest! Please don’t hesitate to contact me or Theresa if you have any further questions!
Fossil Rim Wildlife Center
1789 CR 2009
Glen Rose, TX. 76043